Resume and Cover Letter
Resumes and cover letters are only part of the professional correspondence you will use when applying to jobs, internships, graduate programs or other professional opportunities.
Examples of Professional Correspondence
- A resume is a marketing tool summarizing your education, skills, experience and achievements. Get started with Writing a Great Resume.
- The cover letter accompanies your resume. It offers the opportunity to expand on your achievements and showcase your writing skills. See Cover Letters and Other Correspondence.
- Use professional email messages to make a stronger connection with a company, to follow up on an interview, to accept/decline an offer.
- If you will be applying to graduate school, you will need to write a statement of purpose.
- Quick Questions: 10-minute meetings with a career coach. No appointment necessary. First come, first served.
- Resume Reviews: Get a critique from one of our recruiter partners. Check the BCC calendar of events for details.
Best Practice Resources