Mission, Vision and Values
The vision of the Amica Center for Career Education is that every individual is empowered to experience personal and professional success throughout life.
Our mission is to guide students and alumni as they explore, discover, and connect with their personal and professional goals.
The Amica Center for Career Education embraces a comprehensive and wholistic approach to career education and career management. We espouse the following values:
- Student-centered – we are here for the students and our services, programs, events, and partnerships with employers and faculty reflect this;
- Diversity – we appreciate and value all of the expressions of one’s self and all others; we respect the rights and dignity of ourselves and others;
- Inclusion – we value each and every person with whom we work and see ourselves as part of the greater community;
- Collaboration – we value working with others, because this strengthens relationships and improves outcomes;
- Innovation – we strive to improve and reach for higher and broader levels of impact, and create more effective methods of serving our stakeholders and ourselves; and
- Discovery – we value self-discovery, which promotes personal and professional development.
Our primary goals are:
- That one hundred percent (100%) of our graduating classes will, by six months out after graduation, be employed, furthering their education, or engaged in another formal and intentional post-graduation activity (e.g., service, mission, volunteer);
- That one hundred percent (100%) of students engage in experiential learning during their time at Bryant University;
- To serve all students across all majors and concentrations, across all colleges;
- To create a dynamic career development network that includes students, alumni, Bryant staff and faculty, and employers and other organizations; and
- That students and alumni will learn to competently manage their personal and professional development through our services, programs and events.
Our values, programs, events and activities support our goals, which drive our mission, to help us achieve our vision.